As accountant, Matt Sorenson performs accounting and budget-related functions for assigned clients at Pinnacle. His workday includes maintaining the general ledger, posting monthly journal entries, reconciling bank activity, and preparing of financial statements.
After interning at Lincoln Electric while a student at Colorado State University, Mr. Sorenson joined the company officially as an accounting clerk upon graduation, handling supplier tax forms in purchasing and processing accounts payable. His degree is in Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting and Real Estate Finance.
Mr. Sorenson has been involved in his community. At Rocky Mountain Christian Church he’s assisted with childcare and tech support. He took a mission trip to Hungary in 2017, and has volunteered at events such as the Fort Collins Fortitude food drive and Serve Day for Serve 6.8, helping to sandbag for disaster relief in Northern Colorado.
Outside of work, Mr. Sorenson enjoys outdoor-oriented activities, such as camping, fishing, and hiking. He also likes sports and watching TV.
- Retail1 years experience
- Purchasing/Receiving2 years experience
- Accounts Payable1 years experience
- Bachelor of Business Administration, emphasis in Accounting & Real Estate FinanceColorado State University
- Mission trip to Hungary in 2017
- Childcare & tech support at Rocky Mountain Christian Church
- Fort Collins Fortitude Race Marshal
- Volunteer with Serve 6.8 during Serve Day